It's time to end the 2012 lockout of DavidLovesTheGrizzlies. I have come to an agreement with myself that I will keep 100% of blog related income which comes to $87.38 over 5 years.
In my first post back after 7 months, I choose not to discuss this awesome lockout in a Wojnarowskian piece condemning owners' tactics, ridiculing the players' tactics, and condemning the lawyers' lawyering.
Nope, I had a productive time off - moving to a new apt, getting married, and buying a new couch - so I thought I'd be productive in my first post back and help the League come up with a new marketing slogan for the 2012-2013 season.
Of course, my efforts quickly spiraled towards bitterness, which turned into sadness, then to anger, and then back to bitterness. But that's life as a Memphis Grizzlies fan!
|I dressed up as the NBA Lockout for Halloween!|
Anyway, as I was researching ideas, I realized several recent slogans were appropriate and could be reused easily:
- "Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?" (Maybe in the Minnesota District Courtroom!)
- "Last Season was Last Season" (I'm confused.)
- And whatever slogan the League used for those commercials where all the players' heads were inflated to 10x their normal size. (Savvy move headed into the lockout.)
|Meeting these nice German ladies lifted my spirits. We chatted about what a great year Dirk had.|
Since this is a blog, I wanted to come up with my own ideas, so I did what any respected Blogger would do and polled my friends for ideas. Here's what we came up with:
5. The NBA: Where Amnesty Happens
3. Where Will A Luxury Tax Paying Team Use Its Biannual Exception This Year?
2. The NBA: Cuz You Aren't Really Watching Hockey Right Now, Are You?
1. The NBA: Proving Games Really Don't Matter Until April Year After Year
Honorable Mention goes to my buddy Curt who suggested we reuse the Memphis Grizzlies' 2006-2007 slogan "Tell your kids they're going to Dunkyland."
Remembering that slogan briefly made me forget that we have already missed over 2 weeks of games.
If you've got a better slogan, please add it to the comments below. I love this game!