Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grizzlies Stay Put At Trade Deadline

The Grizzlies are finally entering that time of year where other teams think about playoff positioning while they consider which pick they might get during the draft.

They didn't make a move at the trade deadline. (That's right, they didn't do anything. Not a peep.) Many rumors predicted that Mike Miller or Kyle Lowry might be moved, but the Grizzlies opted to go to war with the army they have, and I'm not one to complain. After all, last time the Grizzlies made a move, it didn't turn out so great.

So what is there to talk about in this blog?

That is a good question.

1. We could talk about how much potential the Grizzlies have. They have some young talented players, and now they have some financial flexibility. However, writing a new post on future potential wouldn't be as easy as just clicking one of the links to an earlier post that says the same thing.

2. We could talk about all the great prospects in the up coming draft. I remember thinking about that last year as well. Then it came to bite me in the ass. My girlfriend says she hasn't seen me as upset as I was on the day the draft order was announced.

3. We could talk about the chances that the Grizzlies will leave Memphis, but that's just seems depressing. That's about the only thing I can think of that would make this situation worse. Anyway, I don't want to hunt down the stipulations just so I can make some uneducated guesses about how Heisley is going to screw Memphis next.

4. We could talk about what a terrible business Michael Heisley is running. I guess even billionaires run a few into the ground. Again, this seems like a dead horse that's been beat to a bloody pulp.

5. We could talk about how exciting all the other teams are with their new looks. How does davidlovesthesuns.com sound?

6. We could talk about what a downer this blog is. I guess that's what happens when your team is the worst in the league going on 15 years (with a brief period of merely mediocre to spice things up). At least, we're not the Knicks.

I am open to suggestions. What is a good topic for a Memphis Grizzlies blog?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since the Grizzlies are still in the West, unless they can switch to the Least, I think the goal should be to determine the outcome of the playoff hunt. Considering that Denver, Houston, or Golden State won't make the playoffs, the Grizz would decide which of those teams missed out on the playoff dance. I haven't looked at the schedule, but if the Grizz could a hole in Houston's schedule, I think that would be rather interesting.