Friday, October 20, 2006

Posey, Williams have moved on

Insidehoops reports this about former Grizz, Williams and Posey:

"When the Heat won the NBA championship last summer, guard Jason Williams had a message for anyone with the Memphis Grizzlies responsible for trading him. "Bonzi Wells [now with Houston], James Posey and I are not cancers! We're not cancers!" Williams said in a delirious Heat locker room. Williams (knee) won't play in tonight's preseason game against the Grizzlies, but Posey returns as a champion. He remembers being traded away with Williams to Miami around the same time Wells was sent to Sacramento in 2005." South Florida Sun-Sentinel

"I heard a lot of things and really didn't know where they were coming from," Posey said. "I'm secure with myself and how I approached things. I wasn't a problem on the team, so to hear things like I was hearing was shocking. It was frustrating. It was something that I couldn't control so you suck it up and move on. It is good to go back as a champion." South Florida Sun-Sentinel


No comments: